Titan Placement Papers 1
1. what is .25 % of 12
c 1/3 d 3
2. if 2/x = 4 and 2/y = 8 then x- y =
3. Bob is older than john but he is younger than jim if bobs age is b ,johns age is c , and jims age is d , then whisch of the foll is true
4. in the fig , all line segments meet at right angles and each segment has a length of x. what is the area of the fig. in terms of x?
5.what is the area of a square inscribed in a circle whose circumference is 16pi ?
6.if in the fig x = 2/(3y) then y= ?
e.cant be det
7.in triangle XYZ,points M,N and P are midpoints if xy=10 yz=15 xz = 17 and what is the perimeter of the triangle MNP?
e. cant be det
8.if a and b are integers which of the foll. condition is sufficient for (a2 ?? b2) /(a-b) = a+b to be true?
9.a bus leaves from salem at 9 am traveling east at 50 mph at 1 pm a plane leaves salem traveling east at 300 mph . at what time will plane over take the bus?
10. if the average of two nos is y and one of the nos is equal to z and other no is equal to
11.if X= -2 then x 3?? x2 ?? x-1=
12. in fig what is no of degrees in sum of m+n
e.can not be det
13. if x is between 0 and 1 which of the fol statement is (are ) true ?
1.x2>1 2.x2>0 3.x2>x
c. 3 only
d. 1& 2 only
14. if 15 students in a class average 80% on an English exam and 10 students average 90% on the same exam what is the average in % for all 25 students?
a. 86 2/3 %
c 84 %
d.83 ? %
15 if a pipe can drain a tank in t hours what part of the tank does it drain in 3 hours?
16.if the volume and the total surface area of a cube are equal how long must the edge of the cube be?
a.2 units b. 3 units c. 4 units d. 5 units e. 6 units
17. the base of an isosceles triangle exceeds each of the equal sides by 8 feet if the perimeter is 89 feet what is the length of the base in feet ?
18. if 2 nos have only the no 1 as a common divisor then they are called relatively prime. which of the foll. Are not relatively prime
1.3 2.4 3.7 4.12
19.(a,b)@(c,d)=(ac-bd,ad) then (-2,3)@(4,-1) = ?
20. in the rhombus bc=6 ae=4 and the angle dae =45deg ad is the dia of the circle if a man started at c and followed around the outer edge of this fig to d,f,a,g,e,b and back to c approximately how far did he travel ?
21.if x-4 = y what must (y-x)^3 equal ?
22. if a/b = c/d and a,b,c and d are positive integers then which of the foll.is true
23.there are 36 students in a certain geometry class if two thirds of the students are boys and three fourth of the boys are under 6 feet tall how many boys in the class are under 6 feet tall?
24. when a certain integer j is divided by 5 , the remainder is 1 . when the integer j is divided by 3 the remainder is 2 . the value for j is ?
25. a bag contains 20 gum balls if there are 8 red,7 white,and 5 green what is the minimum no of gum balls one must pick from the bag to be assured of one of each colour
26. if the ratio of x to y is ? and the ratio of y to z is 12/13 then the ratio of x to z a.3/13 b.4/13 c.1/3 d.9/13 e.12/13
27. in the right triangle, c= 2a and d >2b ; therefore, which of the following must be true?
a. c > b + d
b. angle a > angle b
c. angle a = angle b
d. angle b > angle a e. angle d = twice angle a
28. in the fig. x and Y are the centres of two circles. If the area of the larger circle is
144 ? what is the area of the smaller circle ?
29. how many pounds of tea worth 93 cents per pound must be mixed with the tea worth 75 cents per pound to produce 10 pounds worth 85 cents per pound ?
b. 3 ?
30. in the cube below AH & BG are diagonals and the surface area of side ABFE is 16 what is the area of rectangle ABGH
c.16 + ??2
31. (2/3-1/2)/(1/6+1/4+2/3)= a. 2/13 b.2/9 c.13/20 d.11/13 e.31/4
32. In triangle XYZ, XY =10,YZ=10 and angle a=84o. what is the degree measure of angle Z
e. cannot be determined
33. if it takes 18minutes to fill 2/3 of a container, how long will it take to fill the rest of the container at the same rate.
a. 6 minutes
34. On circle with centre O, arc YWX=100o . What is degree measure of angle XYZ.
35. The average of 9 numbers is 7, the average of 7 other numbers is 9. What is the average of all 16 numbers.
e. 7 1/8
36. If n!=n.(n-1).(n-2)??..3.2.1. What is value of (6!4!) /(5!3!)
37. If X,Y,Z are consecutive +ve integers greater than 1, not necessarily in that order, than which of the following is true?
1) X>Z 2) X+Y+>Z 3) YZ>XZ 4)XY>(Y+Z)
a. I only
b. 2 only
c. 2&3 only
d. 3&4 only
e. 2&4 only
38. If point E has co-ordinates (-3,5) and piint F has co-ordinates (6,-7) then length of EF= FIG
39.What if the area of a square in square inches if its perimeter is 10 feet?
f. 5125 inch^2
40. Mr.Smitherly leaves Beverly hills at 8 a.m. and drives north on the highway at an average speed of 50 miles per hour. Mr.dinkle leaves Beverly hills at 8.30 a.m. and drives north on the same highway at an average speed of 60 miles per hour . Mr. Dinkle will
a. Overtake Mr. Smitherly at 9.30 a.m.
b. Overtake Mr. Smitherly at 10.30 a.m.
c. Overtake Mr. Smitherly at 11.00 a.m.
d. Be 30 miles behind 8.35 a.m.
e. Never overtake Mr. Smitherly.